This root vegetable was introduced to me by my husband. I never had this before my marriage. Really this Cheppangkizhangu roast is so delicious and competes with potato roast. Root vegetables have to be cooked with care. Else you will end up with irritation in the mouth after eating. It is best to use at least a week old Cheppangkizhangu. This roast tastes so good with sambar rice, rasam or curd rice. Try it and let me know how it turned out for you.
Check out similar Recipes – Potato Roast
Cheppangkizhangu Roast / Taro root Roast / Arbi Roast
A Crispy and Spicy Cheppangkizhangu Roast / Taro root Roast / Arbi roast
- 250 grams Cheppangkizhangu/ taro root / Arbi
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
- Wash the Cheppangkizhangu well with water, so that all the mud particles are removed.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles with 2 cups of water.
- Once cooled, peel of the skin and cut into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and ginger garlic paste.
- Add a tbsp of water, a make it into a thick paste.
- Now add the cooked Cheppangkizhangu to the masala paste and mix well. Make sure the masala is covered well over Cheppangkizhangu.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a kadai. In high flame, add the marinated pieces of Cheppangkizhangu. Do not overcrowd the pan. Do it in batches. Let it roast for 1 min.
- Now flip it to the other side. Let it roast for another 1 min.
- Now reduce the flame to low and roast for 5 mins.
- Repeat the same for the next batches.
- Finally add curry leaves to the oil and garnish it over Cheppangkizhangu roast.
Yummy Cheppangkizhangu roast / Taro root Roast / Arbi Roast is ready to be served.
Make sure you do not overcook the Cheppangkizhangu. Else it will get mashed while roasting. Pressure cooking for 2 whistles will be perfect. If the Cheppangkizhangu is cooked well, the outer skin will be easy to peel off.
If you like the recipe, Please like, share and subscribe!