Biryani is always special to me. I love Biryani, be it vegetarian or Non-vegetarian. It is not only tasty but also very simple to make. I make biryani in pressure cooker, which makes it one-pot. It saves lots of time and gives a Delicious meal. Today, I made this Mushroom Biryani for my husband’s Lunch box and he enjoyed it very much. This biryani recipe requires no grinding, so easy to make. I always have an opinion that the key ingredients for biryani are ginger-garlic paste, mint leaves and coriander leaves. These definitely lift the aroma and taste of the biryani. So make sure you have freshly ground ginger-garlic paste and fresh mint and coriander leaves. Let’s get into the recipe. Follow this recipe and leave your comments below. I would love to hear your comments.
A Spicy and flavourful Mushroom Biryani
- 500 grams Mushroom
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tomato – sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1 cup Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup Mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Shahi jeera
- 1 Black cardamom
- 2 Green cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Salt as required
- Soak the rice for at least 30 min
- Clean the mushrooms and cut into small pieces.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel or pressure cooker, add ghee.
- Add Shahi jeera, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf.
Then add green chillies and onions. Cook till onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook well.
Now add mushrooms and tomato. Mix well.
- Now add spice powder and close the vessel with a lid. Cook for 3 mins in medium flame.
Add curd and give a mix.
Now add salt, chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Drain the rice and add it to the masala.
Add 2 cups of water. Check for salt. Now the water should be slightly salty.
Close with a lid and cook for 3 mins in high flame and 10 mins in low flame.
If cooking in pressure cooker, cook for 2 or 3 whistles.
Serve hot with raita or any gravy.
if you love the recipe, Please like, share, subscribe and leave a comment. Would love to hear back from you.