Mutton cutlet is a delicious starter or snack prepared with keema, coriander leaves, green chillies, etc. For Sunday’s Lunch, I wanted to try something different , so decided to make this mutton cutlet. Grinding keema with onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger , garlic makes cutlet very delicious and flavourful. It was very juicy and wonderful. We finished off the plate in minutes. I’m waiting to try this recipe once again. Main thing to be noted here is, drain the water well after washing keema. Else keema will not hold its shape. Try this recipe and let me know your comments. Checkout Various Non-veg recipes from my blog.
A Spicy and Flavourful cutlet with Mutton Keema. A great choice for starter.
- 350 Grams Mutton keema
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Chat masala
- Salt as required
- Wash and clean the mutton keema. Drain the water.
- In a blender add keema, onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, ginger and garlic.
- Do not add water while grinding.
- Grind it to paste.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl, add all spice powders and mix well.
- Keep the mixture in refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Now heat a tawa.
- Add 2 tsp of oil and spread all over the tawa.
- Take a ball from the mixture and make it flat with your fingertips.
Place it over the tawa and drizzle oil over it.
Let it cook in medium flame for 2 - 3 mins on one side.
Then flip it and drizzle oil for 2 - 3 more mins.
Remove it to a serving dish.
Do not Overcook. The cutlet should be juicy.
If you overcook, the cutlet will lose its juiciness.
After washing keema, drain the water well. Else keema will not hold its shape after grinding.
If keema mixture is not holding its shape, add gram flour.
Step by Step Procedure with Pictures:
1. Keep your Ingredients Ready for grinding.
2. In a blender, add keema, onion, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies. blend it without adding water.
3. To the ground mixture, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted jeera powder, garam masala and chat masala.
4. Mix well. The mutton keema mixture is ready now. Take a small ball and flatten it and fry on tawa.
If you love the recipe, Please like, share, subscribe and leave your comment below. would love to hear back from you!