Rava Dosa is a famous South Indian Dosa Variety. Many would fall for its taste and crispness. What I share today is an instant version, which requires no pre-planning. When you have sudden guests at home, this Rava dosa will be a saviour. This requires no soaking or fermenting like other dosas. If you have semolina and rice flour in hand, you can put together in 5 minutes. This is such a quick recipe. You have to take little care in setting the right consistency of the batter. The batter should be very thin. Only then you will achieve the crispness. Rava tends to settle down in the batter. Mix well before making dosas. If over the time the batter has become thick, you can add water and make it thin. Try this delicious Rava Dosa at your home.
A simple and crispy dosa under 10 mins.
- 3/4 cup Rava
- 3/4 cup Rice powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 2 tsp Pepper corns
- Salt as required
- Oil as required
- Mix all the ingredients except oil.
- Add 3 cups of water and form a running batter.
- The batter should be very thin for getting crispy dosa.
- Heat a dosa tawa. Once it is hot enough, reduce to medium flame.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour from a height over tawa in circular motion.
- Fill in the gaps if any.
- Drizzle oil around the dosa. Cook till it turns golden. When corners lift up, flip the dosa.
- Drizzle oil around the dosa.
- Let it cook for 30 seconds and remove it to a serving plate.
serve with chutney and sambar.
You can add ¼ cup of Maida with this batter too. But I do not prefer adding Maida.
You can make onion Rava dosa with the same batter. For onion Rava, Once the tawa is hot, sprinkle onion over it and then pour the batter.
If you like the recipe, Please like and share!!