Last Updated on
Carrot Halwa | Gajar ka Halwa is a popular Indian Sweet made with Carrots, Milk and sugar. Different method is followed across the country for making this delicious sweet.. This is one among the method. In this recipe, grated carrots are simmered in milk with sugar, ghee and garnished with nuts. It is one of my favourite sweet. When I made this at home, it got finished in no time. Make this delicious halwa for any special occasions and enjoy with your family. Lets see how to make Carrot halwa | Gajar ka Halwa with Milk. It takes time but its really worth. Try this lip-smacking sweet and let me know your comments. If you are looking for any other carrot recipe, then checkout Carrot Juice recipe
Check out my other desserts-
- 4 Carrot grated
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 10 Cashew
- 10 Raisins
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- Cardamom Powder a pinch
- In a heavy bottom pan, add 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Add grated carrots and fry for 2 – 3 mins.
- Now add milk and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the carrot cook in milk.
- Cook till milk reduces 75%. Milk solids tend to stick to the sides of the pan. scrape it now and then.
- Now add sugar and milk well.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee and milk.
- Cook in low heat, let the milk evaporates completely.
- Add remaining ghee, cardamom and mix well.
- In another pan, add ghee.
- Add cashew and fry till it turns to golden. Now add raisin.
- Raisin will bulge. Now add cashwews and raisins to the halwa.
- Serve hot or cold. Tastes delicious anyway.
If you like the recipe, Please like, share and subscribe!