Sheela Fish Fry / Cripsy Fish Fry
A Spicy and Crispy Indian Style Fish Fry.
Servings 6 Pieces
- Sheela Fish cut into pieces – 6
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Curry leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Gram flour/ Kadalai maavu
- Salt as required
- Half a lemon
- Oil for frying
How to make Sheela Fish Fry
Take a bowl and add everything mentioned above except fish and oil. Add enough water to make a paste.
Apply paste on the both the sides of the fish pieces. Let it marinate for at least 20 mins. Marinated fish can be either deep fried or roasted over a tawa. I prefer roasting over tawa.
Heat a tawa and spread a tbsp of oil all over it.
When the tawa is hot, place the pieces and drizzle some oil over it. Cook for 1 min on one side and then flip it.
Cook it for another 1 min and reduce the flame to medium. Roast it for a min on both sides and transfer to a serving plate.
- The tawa should be hot, when you place the fish over it. Only then the masala will stick to the fish.