Turmeric Lemon Rice
A quick and easy preparation made with rice, lemon and tempered with mustard seeds, split urad dal, gram dal and groundnut.
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 2 Lemon
- 2 tsp Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- Groundnut – a handful
- Coriander leaves – few
- Curry leaves – few
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as required
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Split Urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Gram Dal
- 2 tbsp Oil
How to make Lemon Rice
Spread cooked rice over a plate.
In a pan, add oil.
Once hot, add mustard seeds, split urad dal, gram dal and groundnut.
Fry till dal color changes.
Add curry leaves, green chilies and ginger.
Now add turmeric and salt.
Add juice of 1 lemon and switch off the heat.
Pour this tempering over cooked rice and mix well.
Check for salt and add if required.
- You can also use leftover rice for this recipe.
- Roll the lemon over a surface to get most juice out of the lemon.
- You can also add Mint leaves for more flavour.
- Do not bring the tempering to boil after adding lemon juice. It will turn bitter.