Checkout Dal Soup for Babies – 5 months Baby food – A Nutritious and healthy soup for babies.
When you think of starting any food other than milk to your baby, always start with liquid food like Dal Soup, Vegetable Clear Soup. You can start giving clear soup when the 5th month starts. These Soups are nutritious and healthy. It will be a Ideal choice for your baby as this dal soup is easily digestible and rich in protein. You can give this soup in the mid morning. Give this Soup for 3 days and check if your baby’s tummy is comfortable with this. Then You can move on to Purees 2 weeks later. You can mash the dal, mix it with dal soup and feed your baby 2 weeks later.
How to make Dal Soup for babies
- Take 2 tbsp of Toor Dal and wash at least twice.
- In a pressure cooker, add washed toor dal, 1/4 tsp of Jeera, a garlic clove, a pinch of turmeric powder, a pinch of hing(asafoetida) and 1/2 cup of water.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Drain the water. Cool it and transfer to a feeding bottle or a clean sterilised bowl.
Dal Soup for Babies – 5 Months Baby Food
Dal Soup for 5 Months Baby
- 2 tbsp Toor Dal
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp Jeera
- A Pinch Asafoetida
- A Pinch Turmeric Powder
- Take 2 tbsp of Toor Dal and wash at least twice
- In a pressure cooker, add toor dal, garlic, jeera, asafoetida, turmeric and 1/2 cup of water
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Drain the water. Let it cool. Transfer to a bowl or feeding bottle.
- You can add salt if you wish, but add very little(say a small pinch).
- You can also add any vegetables like carrot, beans and cook along with Dal.