Last Updated on
My lil one loves biscuits. I wanted to give her healthy biscuits. Not the one which is made of all purpose flour. So I tried this Wheat Jeera Biscuits. It was truly amazing. It was crispy and tasted good too. My daughter loved it and wanted for more. I was really satisfied with the result. Once you start experimenting, you can make lots of variations to the recipe. You can even add ajwain, choco chips instead of Jeera. Try this healthy whole wheat jeera biscuits at your home for your loved ones.
Whole Wheat biscuits, Atta Biscuits
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tsp Jeera / cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Prepare the tray for baking
- Line with butter paper.
- In this recipe, I baked Whole Wheat Biscuits in a cooker. You can even bake in an oven.
- In a cooker, fill it with salt or sand for 1 inch. Place any metal separator. Preheat the cooker for 10 mins in high flame without gasket and whistle.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, jeera, salt and baking powder. Mix well
- Add butter and sugar. Use your fingertips and mix butter with flour.
- Add milk and form a dough
- Cling wrap it and refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- Roll the dough into thin disc.
- Using a cutter, cut into desired shape and place it on the baking tray.
- Bake for 18 – 20 mins in cooker in low flame. The edge will start to brown, that is the sign.
- Let it cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an air tight container, once cooled down completely.
- You can add any flavours to the biscuits instead of jeera.
- Ajwain, Choco chips are other such options.
- Pre-heating cooker is very essential for this whole wheat biscuits recipe
If you like the recipe, Please like, share and subscribe!