Palak Aloo is a North Indian curry recipe which goes well with Chapatti, Roti, Nan or any Indian bread. This gravy is made by simmering fried potatoes in Palak puree along with spices. The gravy can be made with paneer too instead of potato. Try this Delicious Palak Aloo at your home.
- 1 bunch Palak / Spinach
- 2 Potato
- 2 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Green chilies
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi/ dry methi leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom -3
- Fresh Cream – 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Oil or butter as required
- Cut potato into 2 and pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
- Peel the skin and cut into small cubes.
- Wash and clean the Palak leaves.
- Blanch it in boiling water with 1 tsp of sugar for 1 min.
- Cool it immediately with cold water.
- In a blender, add blanched Palak leaves and green chilies. Blend it into a fine paste.
- In pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and add cubed potatoes. Fry till it turns golden. Remove it to a plate.
- In a Pan, add butter or oil.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Then add onions and cook till it turns translucent.
- Now add ginger garlic paste.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, Garam masala and salt. Mix well and cook for a min.
- Now add the Palak puree and 1 cup of water.
- Add the fried potatoes and bring it to boil.
- Now Add crushed Kasuri methi.
- Add 1 tbsp of fresh cream. Mix well. Cook for a min or 2.
- Switch off the flame.
If you like the recipe, Please like, share and subscribe!