Last Updated on
Checkout Adai Dosa Recipe with step by step Pictures – A Healthy, Delicious and Protein Packed Dosa Made with Lentils and Spices. This Adai Dosa Recipe is a speciality from Tamilnadu.
Adai Dosa is healthy breakfast which is high in Protein. It is made with Rice and Lentils. Everyone at our home, love Adai Dosa. The Adai Recipe given here is what we follow at our home. People will have their own variation in proportion and type of rice and lentil used. I have used Toor Dal and Gram Dal for this Adai Recipe. You can also add Moong Dal and Urad Dal. The Recipe is very simple. Soak Rice and Dal for minimum 4 hours and Grind along with Red chillies, Fennel, Curry Leaves and Shallots. The Dosa can be made either Thick or Thin and soft or crisp. I prefer thin and crisp Dosa. Meanwhile Checkout my other dosa recipes – Instant Wheat Dosa and Rava Dosa.
Butter and Jaggery are best side dish for Adai Dosa. Try this Adai Recipe and let me know how you liked it.
This post was originally posted on August 2018. Now it is updated with more details.
Adai Dosa Recipe
- 1/2 cup Raw Rice (Pacharisi)
- 1/2 cup Parboiled Rice (Idly Rice)
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1/2 cup Gram Dal
- 6 Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Fennel
- 15 shallots
- few Curry Leaves
- Salt as required
How to make Adai Dosa
- Wash and Soak, rice and dal for minimum 2 hours.
- Soak Dry red chilies in warm water 15 mins before grinding
- Grind shallots, dry red chilies, fennel and curry leaves.
- To that, add rice and dal and grind to a coarse paste
- Add salt to the batter.
- Adai batter consistency should be thicker than Dosa batter
- There is no need for fermentation. You can use directly for making adai.
- Heat a Dosa Tawa.
- Pour a ladle full of batter and spread in a circular motion.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of oil around the adai.
- Cook in medium heat for 90 seconds.
- Flip and Drizzle 1 tsp of oil around the adai. Cook for 1 more min.
- Transfer to a Plate.
- Serve with Butter and Jaggery or Avial
- You can additionally add 1/4 cup of Moong Dal and Urad Dal.
- Resting Time of about 1 - 2 hr after grinding enhances the taste of Dosa.
How to make Adai Dosa – Adai Recipe
1. Keep your Ingredients Ready!
2. Wash and Soak, rice and dal for minimum 2 hours. Soak Dry red chillies in warm water 15 mins before grinding. Grind shallots, dry red chillies, fennel and curry leaves. To that, add rice and dal and grind to a coarse paste.
3. Add salt to the batter. Adai Dosa batter consistency should be thicker than Dosa batter. There is no need for fermentation. Rest the batter for 1 – 2 hr after grinding. This enhances the taste of Dosa.
4. Heat a Dosa Tawa. Pour a ladle full of batter and spread in a circular motion. Drizzle 1 tsp of oil around the Adai. Cook in medium heat for 90 seconds. Flip and Drizzle 1 tsp of oil around the Adai. Cook for 1 more min.
5. Transfer to a Plate and Serve.
Tips for making Adai dosa
- Additionally you can add 1/4 cup of moong dal and urad dal.
- Resting time enhances the taste of Dosa.
- You can Moringa Leaves to the batter and make Dosas. It makes the Dosa more Delicious and nutritious.
Serving Ideas :
- Serve Adai with Avial
- Alternatively, You can serve with Jaggery and Butter too.
Did you Try this Recipe ?
If you like this recipe, Please like, comment and share. Would love to hear from you!
Checkout the recent Post from F For Flavour – Murukku