This is my Go to recipe whenever I run out of dosa batter. This Instant wheat Dosa can be prepared under 20 mins. This dosa is so healthy and tasty. My lil one loves it. A delicious dosa with just few ingredients. There is one more version of wheat dosa which I do. I will post that soon. Try this Instant Wheat Dosa and let me know your comments. You will also love other Dosas like Crispy wheat dosa, Rava dosa.
- 1 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3 Dry red chili
- few Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp Split urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Gram Dal
- 3 tsp Oil
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, salt and 2 ¼ of water. Mix well. This should be in dosa batter consistency. If not add more water.
In a pan, add oil. Once hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and gram dal.
- Let mustard splutter and dhal turn golden brown. Add curry leaves.
- Add dry red chilies.
Now add onion and cook till soft.
- Add required salt.
- Now add this mixture to the wheat flour batter.
- Heat a dosa tawa.
- Pour 1 ladle full of batter and spread into a thin circle.
Drizzle oil around the dosa. Let it cook for 90 seconds in medium flame.
Flip the dosa. Let it cook for 1 more min.
- Instant wheat dosa is ready.
Serve with chutney or pickle of your choice.
I served with tomato thokku, which is always a very good combination.