I always have eggs at home. When I feel like eating something special, I make some dish using Eggs. Eggs taste so great in any form. This gravy tastes excellent with rice, chapatti and any Indian bread. We make a special spice powder for this gravy which gives wonderful flavor. Try this simple egg gravy and let me know how you liked it.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Onion big, chopped
- 2 Tomato pureed
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 Green chili
- Salt – as required
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 4 Dry red chilies
- In a pan, add eggs and enough water immerse eggs. Bring it to boil and let it simmer for 7 mins. Drain the water and peel the outer layer and cut the egg into 2 equal halves.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil and roast items under “spice powder” until aromatic. This takes around 2-3 mins in medium flame. Remove it to plate and let it cool. Grind it to a fine powder.
- Add remaining oil to the same pan and add finely chopped onions. Cook till onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and slit green chili. Cook till raw smell leaves.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, spice powder, sugar and salt. Mix well and cook for a min.
- Add 1 cup of water and eggs to the gravy.
- The gravy should be simmered in medium flame for 7-10 mins or until it reaches desired consistency. The oil will float on top. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
If you like the recipe, Please like, share and subscribe!