Here is the most popular and Very delicious Makhani/ butter masala with Mushrooms recipe. Mushrooms are wonderful replacement for paneer in butter masala. This gravy is so rich and creamy and you will need more. This tastes so good with chapathi, Roti, naan or any Indian bread. Try this restaurant style Mushroom Butter Masala and enjoy with your family. Follow Mushroom Butter Masala with step by step instructions with pictures.
Mushroom Butter Masala
A Rich and Creamy Butter Masala With Mushrooms
- 500 Grams Mushroom
- 2 Onion
- 2 Tomato
- 10 Cashew
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Roasted jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 tsp Shahi jeera
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 3 tbsp Butter – 3 tbsp
In a wide pan, bring 1 ½ cups water to boil.
Add onion and cashews. Close the lid and let it cook for 5 – 8 mins.
Reserve the water and Cool onion and cashew.
Then grind them to a fine paste.
Take 2 tomatoes in a blender and make it into a puree.
Add butter in a pan.
Now add Shahi jeera, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
Add onion – cashew paste and cook for 3 – 5 mins.
Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté well.
Add tomato puree and spice powders. Mix well.
Now add mushroom, salt and 1 cup of water (use reserved water).
Add sugar and bring to boil.
Let it simmer for 5 mins.
Add fresh cream.
Now add Kasuri methi and give a mix.
Switch off the heat and Serve
Serve with chapathi/ Roti/ Nan / any Indian bread
Step by Step Instructions with pictures:
1. Keep your Ingredients Ready.
2. In a wide pan, bring 1 ½ cups water to boil. Add onion and cashews. Close the lid and let it cook for 5 – 8 mins.
3. Reserve the water and Cool onion and cashew. Then grind them to a fine paste.
4. Take 2 tomatoes in a blender and make it into a puree.
5. Add butter in a pan. To that add Shahi jeera, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
6. Now add onion – cashew paste and cook for 3 – 5 mins.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
8. Now add Tomato Puree and cook well.
9. Add Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Coriander Powder, Roasted Jeera Powder and Salt. Cook till oil separates.
10. Now add Garam Masala and Mix well.
11. Add Mushrooms, sugar, 1 cup of water (use reserved water) and bring to boil. Let it simmer for 5 mins.
12. Now add fresh cream, Kasuri methi and give a mix.
13. Switch off the heat and Serve Mushroom Butter Masala!
If you like the recipe, Please like, subscribe and comment!