Last Updated on
Checkout Semiya Payasam Recipe – A Creamy and delicious dessert which can be made for any Occasion.
Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Kheer is a quick Indian dessert made using milk, Semiya(Vermicelli) and sugar. It is one of the easiest and quickest dish which can be prepared. The entire recipe just takes 25 – 30 mins to prepare. Semiya Payasam is a perfect dessert if you have guests at home or for any festive Occasions. In this recipe, I have used 4 cups of milk, which is then simmered and reduced to 2 cups. You can even add condensed milk, for more richness. Try this Delicious sweet and surprise your family for any special occasion. I like to have chilled Payasam while you can even have it warm. Checkout how to make Semiya Payasam with step by step pictures.
Checkout other desserts recipe : Carrot Halwa
- 4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Semiya / Vermicelli
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar or as required
- 5 Cashew nuts
- 5 Raisins
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a pan and roast the semiya until it turns golden.
- Remove to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Heat 4 cups of milk in a heavy bottemed pan and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the roasted vermicelli and allow it to cook.
- When it is cooked, add the sugar.
- Check for sweetness and add more sugar if required.
- Add the cardamom powder and remove from heat.
- In a small pan add remaining ghee, roast the cashews and raisins. Remove and set aside.
- Garnish with cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- Adjust Sweetness based on your taste preferences.
- Serve either Warm or Cold
How to make Semiya Payasam Recipe
1. Keep your Ingredients Ready!
2. Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a pan and roast the semiya until it turns golden.
3. Remove to a plate and allow it to cool.
4. Heat 4 cups of milk in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to boil.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and add the roasted vermicelli and allow it to cook.
6. When it is cooked, add the sugar. Check for sweetness and add more sugar if required.
7. In a small pan add remaining ghee, roast the cashews.
8. Likewise add Raisins and remove it from the heat when it bulges.
9. Finally add roasted cashews, raisins and cardamom powder to the Payasam.
10. Serve either hot or chilled.
Serving Ideas :
- You can serve hot or Cold based on individual preferences.
- You can adjust sweetness, by adding more or less sugar.
- Payasam will get thickened once it cools. You can adjust the consistency by adding little milk and simmer for 4 -5 minutes.
Did you Try this Semiya Payasam Recipe ?
If you loved this post on How to make Semiya Payasam, then please let us know by liking, sharing, commenting and subscribing below!