Last Updated on
Checkout Prawn Karandi Omelette recipe – A Simple and Delicious Omelette with prawns cooked in a karandi ( a small tadka pan).
Karandi Omelette is a specialty of tamilnadu. Omelettes are cooked in karandi or small tadka pan or thalipu karandi. Kids and even adults will love this omelette as this is different from our usual omelette in terms of shape. In this recipe, I have added prawns which gives additional taste and flavor to the omelette. You can even make plain karandi omelette. For a Sunday lunch, I made Prawn ghee roast and used a small amount of prawns from that to make this delicious Prawn Karandi Omelette. You can also make chicken karandi Omelette, mutton Karandi Omelette, fish Karandi Omelette. Stay tuned to my blog for all the above recipes. Now lets get into the Prawn Karandi Omelette recipe with step by step Pictures. Don’t forget to leave your comments below.
A Simple and Delicious Omelette with prawns cooked in a karandi ( a small tadka pan).
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Green Chillies finely chopped
- coriander leaves few
- curry leaves few
- 1/2 cup prawn masala from the prawn ghee roast
- Salt – as required
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- First cut the prawns into very small pieces.
In a cup add finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies, turmeric powder, curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt and the cut prawns.
In a small tadka pan, add oil.
- once it becomes hot Add The mixture to it. Cook in medium flame for 2 minutes.
- flip it and cook for 2 more minutes. Prawn Karandi Omletter is ready to be served.
- You can replace prawns with chicken or mutton or fish too.
How to make Prawn Karandi Omelette
- First cut the prawns into very small pieces. I used prawns from the Prawn ghee roast.
- In a cup add finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies, turmeric powder, curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt and the cut prawns. Mix well.
- In a small tadka pan, add oil.
- Once it becomes hot add The mixture to it.
- Cook in medium flame for 2 minutes. Flip it and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Prawn Karandi Omelette is ready to be served.
- Serve as a appetizer.
- You can replace prawns with chicken or mutton.
- You can even make plain karandi Omelette.
Did you Try this Prawn Karandi Omelette Recipe ?
Share with us on Facebook or Instagram by tagging @fforflavour and hashtag it #fforflavour.
You may want to try other recipes from my blog
If you loved this post, then please let us know by liking, sharing, commenting and subscribing below!
Checkout the recent Post from F For Flavour – Murukku