Last Updated on
Peas Potato Curry / Aloo Matar Gravy is a delicious preparation which is made with Potato, peas and spices. This goes well with Chapathi, roti, rice, etc. A simple preparation which can be made under 30 mins if you have Potato and Peas in hand. You can use the same gravy base and substitute vegetables of your choice. You can use cauliflower, carrot, capsicum, etc.,. I love to pair this gravy with Mint Pulao . Mildly Spiced Rice with this spicy gravy will taste Perfect. Follow Peas Potato Curry Recipe with step-wise Pictures below and let me know your comments.
Peas Potato Curry
- 2 Potato
- 1/4 cup Peas
- 15 Shallots
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt – as required
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Split Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- Curry leaves – few
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Khus khus
- Cinnamon – a small piece
- 2 Cloves
- Peel Potato’s skin and cut into small cubes
- Take all ingredients mentioned under “For Grinding” in a blender and blend into a fine paste adding little water.
- In a pan, add oil. Once hot, add Mustard, urad dal and Chana dal.
- Add curry leaves and shallots. Cook till shallots turn translucent.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and cook till raw smell leaves.
- Add all the spice powders and fry for 10 seconds.
- Now add the cubed potatoes and 1 cup water. Cook for 3 -4 mins.
- Add peas, ground masala, salt, a cup of water and simmer for 10 – 12 mins.
Peas Potato Curry Recipe with Step-wise Pictures:
1. Keep your Ingredients Ready!
2.In a pan, add oil. Once hot, add Mustard, urad dal and Chana dal.
3. Add curry leaves and shallots. Cook till shallots turn translucent.
4. Now add ginger-garlic paste and cook till raw smell leaves.
5. Add all the spice powders and fry for 10 seconds.
6. Now add the cubed potatoes and fry for a min.
7. Add a cup of water. Cook potatoes for 3 -4 mins.
8. Now Add peas, ground masala, salt, a cup of water and simmer for 10 – 12 mins.
9. Switch off the flame and transfer to serving bowl.
10. Serve with chapathi, Roti or Rice.
If you Like Peas Potato Curry / Aloo Matar Gravy , Please like, comment, share and subscribe below!