I saw fresh bunches of mint leaves in market. I picked up a bunch for making this mint pulao with coconut milk. This is a simple, delicious and fragrant pulao. Fresh mint leaves and Coconut milk adds great taste to the pulao. Today I made with just mint leaves. You can add any vegetables of your choice. I usually add peas. A perfect lunchbox recipe. Now lets see how to make Mint pulao.
Also checkout Mint Rice
A simple, delicious and fragrant Mint pulao.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 Onions thinly sliced
- 3 Green chilies
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 cup Mint leaves
- Salt as required
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- Oil / ghee as required
- Soak the rice for at least 30 mins.
- For 1 cup of rice, we need 2 cups of liquid.
- I have 2 cups of coconut milk. You can use water also.
- Add ghee in cooker.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
Next, Add onions and green chilies. Cook onions till translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Cook till raw smell leaves.
Now add mint leaves and mix well. Now add 2 cups of coconut milk.
- Drain the rice and add it to the cooker.
- Now close the cooker and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
After opening the cooker, add a tsp of ghee and mix with a fork.
- Serve with any spicy gravy of your choice. I usually serve with Potato gravy. Check out recipe for Potato gravy here.
If you are using Heavy bottomed vessel instead of pressure cooker, Cook rice in high flame for 3 mins and reduce the flame to low and cook for 10 more mins.