Pudalangai / Snake Gourd Poriyal is a simple South Indian dish which can be paired up with Rice. Pudalangai/Snake Gourd has numerous health benefits. It is a diabetic friendly vegetable. It is rich in Fibre and aids in weight loss too. Include this healthy Poriyal in your diet and it takes less than 15 mins to prepare. Try this simple and delicious Pudalangai/Snake Gourd Poriyal and serve with rice and sambar.Check out other sides –
Pudalangai Poriyal | Snake Gourd Poriyal
- 1 Pudalangai Poriyal/ Snake gourd
- 1/2 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Dry red chillies
- few Curry leaves
- Salt as required
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Split urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Gram dal
- 2 tsp Shredded coconut
- 2 tsp Toor dal
- 1 tbsp Oil
How to make Pudalangai Poriyal
- Cut the pudalangai into halves and remove the white flesh inside.
- Cut into small pieces and cook it in boiling water for 10 mins.
- Drain the pudalangai from the water and set aside.
- Now add Toor dhal and cook till done. Do not overcook. Toor dhal must not be mushy. It should retain its shape.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, split urad dhal and gram dhal. Let mustard splutter and dhal turn golden brown.
- Add curry leaves, dry red chilies and onion. Cook till onions turn translucent.
- Add cooked pudalangai and salt. Mix well.
- Add shredded coconut and cooked Toor dhal.
- Mix well and cook for a min.
If you like the recipe, Please like, share and subscribe!