Stuffed Mushroom is a quick starter which can be made in few minutes. A perfect evening snacks for you kids which is full of protein. You can also serve along with fried rice. Your kids will love stuffed Mushroom for sure. Here I have made using Paniyaram pan or appe pan. You can bake in oven or cook on a tawa too. Let’s get into recipe.
- Mushrooms – 10 large
- Onion -1 finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 finely chopped
- Red chili flakes – 2 tsp
- Salt as required
- Cheese sheets – 2
- Butter -3 tsp
Wash the mushrooms well and pat it dry in a kitchen towel.
Twist the stem part and remove it. Keep the mushroom caps ready.
Now chop the stems finely.
In a pan, add butter.
Once it starts melting, add garlic.
Then add onion and cook till it turns translucent.
Now add chilli flakes and mix well.
Add chopped mushroom stems. Cook for 2 mins in medium heat.
Switch off the heat. The stuffing is ready now.
Take the mushroom caps and spoon the stuffing into it. Repeat the same for all.
Now heat a paniyaram pan. Add ¼ tsp of oil in each hole.
Once hot, place the mushrooms in each hole.
Cook in medium heat for 2 mins.
After 2 mins, place a small piece of cheese over the mushroom. Cook further for 1 min.
The cheese will start to melt. Sprinkle pepper powder over it. Switch off the heat.
Serve hot with ketchup.
1. Large mushrooms are preferred for this recipe as we need to stuff
2. Once cleaned, dry the mushrooms immediately. Pat it dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Mushroom will ooze out more water if cooked in low heat. Cooking in medium or high heat will get rid of all water.
4. You can make many variations in this stuffed mushroom. You can stuff with paneer, spinach or any vegetable of your choice.
A Healthy snack for your kids after returning from school.
If you love the Recipe, Please like, share, subscribe and leave a comment. Would love to hear from you!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which are used in this recipe