A Simple and Spicy Tomato Garlic Chutney for any Breakfast Item. This is a Popular South Indian style Chutney which is so flavor and spicy. Tomato and garlic makes a great pair. I love this chutney with idly and Dosa. Sometimes I make this chutney less spicy and use as a spread for Dosa and bread. You can add more red chillies, if you want your chutney to be spicier. Try this Spicy Chutney at your home and I’m sure everybody will love it. checkout the step by step instructions along with pictures. Follow this recipe and leave your comment below
A Spicy Chutney for idly, dosa or kuzhi paniyaram.
- 2 Tomato
- 5 Shallots
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 5 cloves Garlic
- Salt as required
- Coriander leaves as required
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Split urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Gram dal
- few Curry leaves
In a pan, add oil.
Add garlic pods and saute till turns golden.
Now add red chillies and shallots. Cook till onion turns soft.
Add tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
Switch off the flame and shredded coconut and coriander leaves. The heat from the pan is enough for coconut.
Let it cool.
Once cooled, take the mixture into a blender and blend it into a thick paste.
Transfer to a serving bowl and temper with items under “for tempering”
Serve with dosa or idly or kuzhi paniyaram.
Step by Step Procedure with Pictures :
1. Keep your Ingredients Ready.
2. Add 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
3. Now add Garlic cloves.
4. Add shallots and dry red chillies. Cook till shallots turn soft.
5. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy. Switch off the heat.
6. Add grated coconut and coriander leaves. Mix well.
7. Let it cool. Once cooled, grind it to a thick paste. Temper the chutney with items under “for tempering”.
If you love the recipe, Please like, share, subscribe and leave you comment. Would love to hear back from you.