Last Updated on
Vazhaikkai / Raw banana is a popular vegetable which is used in south Indian kitchen in the form of Poriyal , roast, bajji or curry. Today Lets see how to make Vazhaikkai Roast. You would have seen my Potato Roast recipe( most popular recipe of my blog) and this Vazhaikkai Roast | Raw Banana Roast is no less to that. Cooking vazhaikkai is key step in this recipe. If you over cook , it will turn mushy.Checkout the step by step procedure with pictures below. Spicy and Crispy Vazhaikkai Roast | Raw Banana Roast recipe here for you. Follow this recipe and leave your comments below.
- 1 Vazhaikkai
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- Salt as required
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Wash Vazhaikai and cut into two.
- In boiling water, add turmeric and cook Vazhaikai for 5 mins.
- Do not overcook. The Vazhaikai should not turn mushy.
- Once cooked, cut into thin slice.
- In a mixing bowl, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, ginger garlic paste and rice flour. Add little water and make into a thick paste.
- Now add sliced Vazhaikai and gently mix.
- The masala should cover all over the Vazhaikai.
- Let it marinate for ½ hr.
- In a tawa, add 2 tsp of oil and spread over.
- Once hot place the Vazhaikai pieces and drizzle oil over those.
- Cook for 2 mins on one side in medium flame.
- Flip to the other side and cook for 2 more mins.
- Once crisp, remove to a serving plate.
Step by Step Procedure with Pictures
1. Keep the ingredients Ready.
2. Wash Vazhaikkai and cut into Two. In boiling water, add turmeric powder and vazhaikkai. Cook for 5 mins. Do not over-cook. It should not turn mushy. Cut into Thin Slices.
3. In a mixing bowl, add red chilli powder, Turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste, rice flour and salt. Add little water and make a paste.
4. Marinate vazhaikkai in the masala paste.
5. Heat a tawa. Add 2 tsp of oil and spread over. Once hot place the Vazhaikkai pieces and drizzle oil over those. Cook for 2 mins on one side in medium flame. Flip to the other side and cook for 2 more mins.
6. Once crisp, remove to a serving plate. Vazhaikkai Roast | Raw Banana Roast is Ready.
You may want to try other recipes from my blog
If you love the recipe, Please like, share, subscribe and leave comment below. Would love to hear back from you!
Checkout the recent Post from F For Flavour – Murukku