Nethili 65 | Nethili Fish Fry is a delicious starter which is loved by all age groups. It is so crispy and delicious which will make you ask for more.
Nethili Fish Fry, also known as Anchovy fry, is a delicious and popular South Indian dish made with dried anchovies. The small fish is marinated in a spicy mixture of spices, and then shallow fried till crispy. Perfect to be served as an appetizer or as a side dish. Meanwhile, check out other delicious fish recipes like Nethili Meen Kulambu, chettinad Fish curry, Sheela Meen Varuval, Vanjaram Meen Varuval, etc.,.
How to make Nethili Meen Varuval / Nethili Fry
- Clean and wash the Nethili fish. Drain all the water and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt, yogurt and mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Add the fish to the marinade and mix well. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or as a side dish with rice.
Nethili Fish Fry Recipe
Nethili Fish Fry | Nethili 65
- 250 Grams Nethili
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- Salt as required
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Oil for deep frying
How to make Nethili Fish Fry
- Clean and wash the fish well. Drain the water completely.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above except oil. Mix well. Let it rest for minimum 30 mins.
- In a pan, heat oil for deep frying.
- Once the oil is hot, add the marinated fish pieces and fry until golden and crisp. Remove to a kitchen tissue. Excess oil will be absorbed.
- Serve hot. Crispy Nethili 65 | Nethili Fish Fry is ready.
- Rice flour gives the crispiness to the fish fry.
- Adjust spice level according to your taste
Did you Try this Recipe ?
You may want to try other recipes from my blog
If you loved this post, then please let us know by liking, sharing, commenting and subscribing below!