Last Updated on
Nattu koli Varuval – It is a lip-smacking Chicken preparation made with special spices which is roasted, blended and cooked till perfection.
This Varuval recipe has spot on hotness and tastes awesome. Nattu koli is healthy compared to broiler chicken. But it takes some time to cook. Pressure cooking for 4 – 6 whistles is enough for Nattu Koli. We prefer Nattu koli than broiler for its health benefits. I made this nattu koli roast along with Chicken Curry. It was truly delicious and my family loved it. Actually the plate was wiped off in minutes. You can even have this with just Rasam rice and it will be outstanding!
You can checkout other delicious recipes with nattu koli like Pallipalayam Chicken, Pichi potta nattu koli, Nattu kozhi Kulambu, Nattu kozhi soup etc., Try this wonderful Nattu Koli fry Recipe and let me know your comments. Follow step by step procedures with Pictures below.
This post was originally published on May, 2018 and now it has been updated in November, 2019 with more details.
How to make Nattu Koli Varuval
1. Keep Your Ingredients Ready!
2. In a pressure Cooker, add nattu kozhi, 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water.
3. Pressure cook for 4 whistles. It should be 3/4th cooked.
4. In a mixie, add shallots, coriander seeds, Dry red chillies, fennel and little water. Blend it to a fine paste.
5. In a pan, add Oil. Once hot, add curry leaves.
6. Now add ground masala and Ginger-garlic paste, salt and cook for 2 – 3 mins. Add the cooked Nattu kozhi to the masala and mix well. Chicken should be coated well with masala.
7. Roast the chicken in medium flame for 7 – 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Nattu Koli Fry
Nattu Koli Varuval
- 500 Grams Nattu Kozhi
- 15 Shallots
- 6 Dry Red chillies
- 2 tsp Fennel
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Ginger–Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt as required
- Curry Leaves - few
- 1/4 cup Oil
How to make Nattu koli Varuval
- In a pressure Cooker, add nattu kozhi, 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder.
- Add 1 cup of water and Pressure cook for 4 whistles. It should be 3/4th cooked.
- In a mixie, add shallots, coriander seeds, Dry red chillies, fennel and little water.
- Blend it to a fine paste.
- In a pan, add Oil. Once hot, add curry leaves.
- Now add the ground masala, salt and cook for 2 – 3 mins.
- Add the cooked Nattu kozhi to the masala and mix well. Chicken should be coated well with masala.
- Roast the chicken in medium flame for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
- Adjust spice level according to your taste
- Squeeze half a lemon before serving!
Tips for making Nattu koli Fry
- Adjust spice level according to your taste!
- Squeeze half a lemon over Varuval before serving
- Serve hot!
If you like the recipe, Please like, share, comment and subscribe below!
Checkout the recent Post from F For Flavour – Murukku